I’ve hosted many parties – birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving and beer tastings. The beginning of a party sets the stage for the rest of the time.
Download this free printable Halloween Find as a perfect icebreaker for kids.
At every party, there is a time frame of about 30 minutes when guests are arriving. The host can’t start any games or activities yet because some of the children will miss out. Kids are just awkwardly waiting around.
The perfect solution is a find.
It works best if there are physical pieces to find. I like the printable puzzle so that the kids can see how many pieces are left. They get a feeling of accomplishment as they see the puzzle get more complete. The kids arriving later can also join and feel like they contributed, especially if you tell them that only the hardest pieces to find are left.
How to make and use the Icebreaker Find for kid’s party
1) You can download the file from the Free Files Folder. It’s design #16. Click on the name of the file to download the printable PDF. Print all four pages out of the Icebreaker Halloween Find Party Game for kids PDF.
2) Attach the background (pages 3 & 4) together. Laminate if you wish.
4) Cut all of the pieces up. Put blue tack or tape on the back.
5) Place them around your party area for the kids to find. The older the kids, the harder the hiding places can be. (Remember that kids don’t look up very often, so those are trickier places to hide the pieces.)
6) As each child walks in the door, welcome them and invite them to join the others in finding each piece of the image.
Want to see it in action?
Looking for more 🎃 Halloween DIY ideas 👻?
– – –
Send someone an adorable
pop-up ghost card
Learn how to make a yarn wig
– no sewing or knitting needed!
Make a spooky tree wall decoration
with your Cricut
Add a few rats creeping around your house
Hosting a Halloween Party?
Cut out themed drink markers (because germs are yet another scary thing)
Stick your bottles of wine or beer in an ice bucket warning guests to drink if they dare
Give out Costume Award Certificates for the best costumes at your party
Create tear-off costume awards to announce the winners at your Halloween Party
Ready to download the free SVG or printable? Head over to the 📂 Free Files Folder and enter the ✨ magic word. ✨ (If you don’t have the magic word, just fill in the form below first.)
Save this for later by pinning on Pinterest!
(The background of the Halloween find is modified from the image by Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay.)
What do you think?