Looking for last-minute wall decorations to make easily with your Cricut? Try these simple rat silhouettes.
How to Make the Halloween Rat Decorations with a Cricut
1) Download the free SVG from the Free Files Folder. It’s design #55 – Rat Silhouettes for Halloween.
2) Unzip the file, then Upload the SVG to Cricut Design Space.
3) Resize the rats as needed. I arranged three rats as pictured and “Attached” them together, so that I could use as much material as possible on a 12×12 mat.
4) Cut out the rats. I used Posterboard, which is a material that’s cheap and easy to find. I found that the default “Posterboard” material setting cut into the mat. It repeated the cut twice, so I just stopped my Cricut after the first round.
5) When you are removing the posterboard from the mat, hold the paper down on the table while slowly peeling the mat back away from the poster board. Using this method ensures that there is less tearing of the paper.
6) You can also cut smaller silhouettes so they look like mice scurrying around.
7) Attach them to the wall around your house using blue painter’s tape so that they come off easily when Halloween is over.
Super easy, right?
Looking for more 🎃 Halloween DIY ideas 👻?
– – –
Send someone an adorable
pop-up ghost card
Learn how to make a yarn wig
– no sewing or knitting needed!
Make a spooky tree wall decoration
with your Cricut
Add a few rats creeping around your house
Hosting a Halloween Party?
Cut out themed drink markers (because germs are yet another scary thing)
Stick your bottles of wine or beer in an ice bucket warning guests to drink if they dare
Give out Costume Award Certificates for the best costumes at your party
Create tear-off costume awards to announce the winners at your Halloween Party