Because…. what kid wouldn’t want to give his or her dad a card with a pop-up creeper? I’ll teach you how to make this Minecraft Father’s Day Card Pop-Up with very simple, step-by-step directions below.
If you have a child or you play video games, you know all about Minecraft. I wanted to make an easy craft for a kid to create for the upcoming holiday Father’s Day. It’s simple, fast, and a great DIY for Dad, even if he isn’t a gamer. (Obviously, it has to be a pop-up card… that’s my current obsession.)
You will need:
- Printable PDF pattern – design #08 Print and Cut Minecraft Father’s Day Pop-Up Card – downloaded from the Free Files Folder (request access at the bottom of the post if you don’t already have the password)
- Printer so you can print the template
- Two sheets of cardstock – around 160-180 gsm works well. It can be white or green.
- Craft knife
- Scoring tool – you can use anything that is hard and pointy. I used a small fork.
- Glue – the best kinds are Aleene’s Tacky Glue and Art Glitter Glue
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils if you’re going to decorate the card
How to Make It:
1) First, download the free template “#08 Print and Cut Minecraft Father’s Day Card Pop-Up” and print it out.
2) Score on the green lines, using a ruler and a hard, pointy edge.
(I just used a small fork. There’s no need to buy a real tool if you are just making a few cards every once in a while.)
3) Cut on the black lines using the ruler and a craft knife. Be sure to have a surface you can cut underneath it, such as a cutting mat, a cutting board, or an old magazine.
4) Color in the creeper if you choose.
If you do, try using very light greens and not coloring the background at all. I didn’t like how the pop-up seemed to disappear into the card.
5) Next, cut out both the inner and outer cards with scissors.
6) On the green lines that you’ve scored, fold them either into valleys or mountains to get the card to fold and pop out properly.
Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
7) Put glue on the front of the folded inner card.
Be sure not to glue the part of the creeper you can see on the left side of the green.
Place the folded inner into the outer card, making sure the center crease goes all of the way into the center crease of the outer card.
8) Repeat the process for the back. Fold to glue in place.
Great job; now you have a pop-up creeper card!
View this post on Instagram
Finished Minecraft Father’s Day Pop-up Card. It’s super easy – just print, score and cut. Free template and tutorial on the blog. #cardsofinstagram #fathersdaygifts #minecraftparty #popupcard #diycrafts #diycards #diyfathersdaygift #letsmakeit #cardmaking #interactivecard #papercrafting #handmadecards
Ready to download the free SVG or printable? Head over to the 📂 Free Files Folder and enter the ✨ magic word. ✨ (If you don’t have the magic word, just fill in the form below first.)
Save this for later by pinning on Pinterest!
Here are some more free printable cards you might like to make!