This free printable unicorn birthday card is perfect for any special child or friend. The horn and flower crown popping up will put a big smile on the birthday girl or boy’s face.
Seriously – this is a super easy pop-up DIY card.
Simply print, cut, and glue.
Decorate the unicorn’s horn and flowers if you like. (Or take the easy way out and just print out the color file.)
To make this birthday card you’ll need:
- PDF file template to print – it’s design #41 PDF to hand cut the Magical Unicorn Pop-Up Card (available from my Free Files Folder; just sign up at the end of the post to get the magic word to let you in)
- Two pieces of white cardstock (Recollections 65 lb cardstock is a favorite!)
- One piece of colored cardstock for the card base (I have this package so there are plenty of color options)
- Glue – such as Aleene’s Tacky Glue and Art Glitter Glue
- Decoration materials such as markers, glitter, rhinestones, stickers, etc.
* Links to products are for your convenience in finding tools and materials, however, they are affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. *
How to assemble the unicorn card:
1. Download the free printable unicorn birthday file design – #41 PDF to hand cut the Magical Unicorn Pop-Up Card. (You’ll need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader to open the file, but most likely you already have that.) Print the horn page and the inner base page on the two pages of white cardstock.
2. Print the outer base page on a colored sheet of cardstock.
3. Decorate the unicorn horn, flowers, and ears however you like. (I like using glitter and rhinestones! However, the center needs to be able to fold so you can’t glue a jewel right in the middle of the center flower.)
4. Cut out the shapes on the solid lines.
5. Fold on the dotted lines for the tabs.
6. Fold down the center of the horn as indicated.
7. Fold both the inner card base and the outer card base in half as shown below.
8. Glue the two card bases together.
9. Glue the tab on the right of the horn down, using the dotted line as a guide.
10. Make sure the folds in the center line up and that the horn isn’t sticking out of the base.
11. Let the glue set.
12. Glue the other side by opening the tab, putting glue on it, and then folding the card.
13. Let the glue dry, with the card folded up.
Your magical unicorn card is ready to put a smile on the birthday person’s face!
Ready to download the free SVG or printable? Head over to the 📂 Free Files Folder and enter the ✨ magic word. ✨ (If you don’t have the magic word, just fill in the form below first.)
Save this for later by pinning on Pinterest!
Here are some more free printable cards that you might like to make!
Nadine Lacroix says
I know a little 5 years old that will love this card for her B-day in July.