Download the free printable to make gift tags that hide the receiver’s name… until it’s revealed by scratching off part of the tag.
When I was a kid, I loved to peek at presents. I’d search for their hiding spaces before they were wrapped, and shook them, examining them carefully after they were placed under the Christmas tree.
Now that I have four kids, I need to make sure that the number of gifts for each child under the tree is EXACTLY the same at all times. Sizes should be considered too; if a very large package with one child’s name is on it, I’ll hear “but it’s not fair….” before anyone knows what’s in it.
This year, I discovered a brilliant method to help keep the suspense going and prevent any whining until each present is actually unwrapped.
Gift tags that keep the recipient’s name hidden!
These are incredibly easy to make!
To make these gift tags, you will need:
- the free gift tags printable – it’s Design #44 in the Free Files Folder
- printer and paper (there are three sheets of labels)
- Scratch-off stickers available from Amazon; they need to be 2 inches x 1 inch to fit this template. (These holographic ones look amazing!)
- Scissors or guillotine paper cutter
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.*
How to make scratch-off gift tags
1) Download the PDF file and print it.
2) Cut the tags out, cutting on the gray lines.
3) Write the name of the person who is getting the gift.
4) Stick one of the silver scratch-off stickers over the name.
5) Tape it on the gift.
6) When it’s time to open gifts, let one person choose a gift and scratch off the name. That person opens the gift, and then chooses another gift and scratches off the label.
That’s super-fun, right??
You could use them to hide information like who put which gift into Secret Santa too! I have a few more project ideas using these; they aren’t just for Christmas.
I hope you love making these fun, mysterious, scratch-off gift tags!
Ready to download the project file? Head over to the 📂Free Files Folder and enter the ✨ magic word. ✨ Look for the 🎁🏷 icons next to the download link.
(If you don’t have the magic word, just fill in the form below first.)