This card is especially for the amazing motherly women in your life, such as aunties, grandmas raising their grandchildren, or any other mother figures we love dearly.
How to make this card with a Cricut using print then cut:
First, you’ll need to download two ZIP files from the Free Files folder to create this card.
- (If you don’t have the password for the free files, fill in the form at the bottom of the page and it will be emailed to you.)
# 1 – the SVG for the card base and envelope, which is design #69 – Envelope and Card Base.
# 2 – the PNG image messages for print-and-cut. These are in the ZIP file design # 77 – Mothering makes a Mother.
Materials needed to make the card:
- Cricut such as an Explore or Maker
- Blue LightGrip mat
- Scoring tip or stylus
- a printer (this is my printer and I love it)
- Two pieces of 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock, one for the card base and one for the messages
- one 12×12 sheet of cardstock for the envelope
- glue or tape runner
* Links to products are for your convenience finding tools and materials, however, they are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. *
Prepare and cut the SVG and PNG files with a Cricut
1) Upload both files to Cricut Design Space. (Here’s a refresher tutorial on uploading.)
2) Resize both the PNG files so that the longest side is 6.4 inches. Be sure the lock/unlock icon is set to lock.
- Click here to see the full tutorial for this step.
3) Set and Attach the score lines to the card base and envelope.
- See the full tutorial on how to cut, score, and glue the envelope and card base here.
4) Click the green Make It button and follow the directions on the screen to do Print then Cut, and also cut and score the card base and envelope.
I’ve also created a GIF you can email or message!
On an iPhone:
- Tap and hold for a second on the image.
- Tap on Save Image from the menu that comes up.
- The GIF is added to your photos, so you can email it or send it in an iMessage, FB Messenger, or What’sApp as any photo.