Download the free SVG to make the Holiday Explosion Box with a happy, cute snowman in the center!
I’ve created another option to put into the center of your Holiday Explosion Box, as requested.
Isn’t this little snowman fun and cute?
- The free SVG (located in the Free Files Folder) – it’s design #60
- Heavy white cardstock or posterboard
- Cricut Maker or Explore cutting machine
- Blue LightGrip mat (for the card stock or posterboard)
- Green Standard Grip Mat (for the HTV)
- Scoring wheel
- Iron-On Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) – I used black for the face & arms, orange for the nose, red glitter for the mitten and hat, and blue foil for the scarf
- Cricut Mini-Press
- Parchment paper
- Glue such as Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
* Links to products are for your convenience in finding tools and materials, however, they are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. *
How to make the miniature snowman for the center of a holiday explosion box
Download the free SVG – Design #60 from the Free Files Folder.
Unzip the file. Upload the SVG file to Cricut Design Space and insert it.
Change two cut lines into Score lines and Attach them to the base snowman piece, as shown in the screenshot below.
Cut the snowman from heavy cardstock or poster board.
Use HTV for cutting out the face, hat, mittens, and scarf pieces.
It’s especially helpful to use iron-on vinyl when you have small, fine designs. It’s hard to weed the small bits out; cardstock would probably rip when it was being cut out and would be impossible to glue in place.
Carefully weed the HTV. These pieces are very small.
Place the HTV (with the clear plastic sheet side up) on top of the cardstock. Layer the face and arms over the snowman’s body.
Place a small piece of parchment paper over the HTV.
Press the Cricut Mini-Press straight down on the HTV for about three seconds using the lowest heat setting.
Tip: Test the HTV on a scrap piece of cardboard first.
I found that the lowest heat setting worked best, while pressing for a very short amount of time.
If the heat is too high, or it’s pressed too long, the melted adhesive leaks out from underneath the piece of HTV.
Repeat the process for the nose, hat, mittens and scarf.
I used blue foil HTV for the scarf. The foil looks nice and shiny, but was the hardest to work with. It had to be pressed longer and the transfer sheet pulled off very carefully after cooling a few seconds.
Now, repeat the process to make a second snowman for the back.
Next, glue both snowmen together, back to back.
Finally, glue the snowman into the center of your Holiday Explosion Box using the two tabs.
I hope you enjoyed making the cute little snowman for the center of your Holiday Explosion Box.
Other options for the center of the Holiday Explosion Box include:
- a menorah
- a pair of penguins
- three Christmas trees (in the original tutorial)
Don’t want to forget this?
Save it for later by pinning it on Pinterest.
Click the image below to Pin it.
TU These are so cute!!!
You’re welcome!! They are so cute.