Nothing like waiting until the last minute….
I have gift cards for a few people that I haven’t made a card for. (Sorry, teachers.)
And I can’t just hand them the card; that would be weird, right?
So I designed a very simple gift card holder.
You can’t see the gift card inside; they need to tear away the front to reveal what’s inside.
It’s small, so you can make it easily on the Cricut Joy.
If you cut it from standard 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock, you can fit four per page. (Six fit on 12 x 12 scrapbook paper.)
It’s the perfect size.
Materials needed to make a Tear Away Gift Card Holder
- Design #64 – Tear-Away Gift Card Holder from the Free Files Folder
- any Cricut cutting machine – the Maker, the Explore, or the Joy will all work just fine
- a pen or marker that fits your cutting machine
- blue light-grip cutting mat
- glue such as Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- card stock – it doesn’t matter what weight it is
* Links to products are for your convenience in finding tools and materials, however, they are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. *
How to make the Tear Away Gift Card Holder
First, upload the SVG file # 64 – Tear-Away Gift Card Holder into Cricut Design Space.
Ungroup the SVG.
Change the two text boxes to Draw – Pen, as shown below.
Now, Attach the writing, the perforation cut, and the light blue rectangle together.
You’re ready to make it!
Use the blue LightGrip mat.
When you remove the card from the mat, peel the mat away carefully. Don’t tear the perforated area.
Place a thin line of glue on the back of the card.
Arrange your gift card so that it’s mostly centered, but to the right side.
Pick up the top part, flip it over, and glue it to the backing (with the gift card in the center.)
It’s ready to be gifted!
Super easy, right?
If you are using the Cricut Explore or Maker, you can fit six per page of 12×12 inch cardstock.
Would you rather create your own gift certificates, to anything that you can dream up?
Learn how to with this tutorial!
[…] you looking for the smaller, Tear Away Gift Card holders? These are designed to just stick a gift card inside. They’re perfectly sized for the Cricut […]