Decorate your wall with flying 3D bats for Halloween! Download and cut out the free Halloween bats SVG with a Cricut or Silhouette.
Fun fact: a group of flying bats is called a cauldron.
This cauldron of bats is cut out of just two pieces of black, 8.5 x 11-inch cardstock. (Plus a scrap of red glitter cardstock for the eyes.)
Materials needed to decorate your wall with 3D Halloween bats
- the free SVG -it’s Design # 83 – 3D Halloween Bats in the Free Files Folder
- black cardstock or posterboard (I bought a package of black 110-lb cardstock because I use it in almost every paper project)
- glitter or holographic cardstock scrap (if you want to make the eyes)
- regular Scotch tape
- Blue painter’s tape to put them on the wall
* Links to products are for your convenience in finding tools and materials, however, they are affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. *
How to use the free Halloween bats SVG in Cricut Design Space
Download the ZIP file from the Free Files Folder – it’s Design # 83 – 3D Halloween Bats.
You’ll find three SVG files in the ZIP folder.
- three bats (to be cut from a horizontal letter-sized sheet of cardstock)
- five bats (to be cut from a vertical letter-sized sheet of cardstock)
- six bats (to be cut from posterboard, trimmed to 12 x 19 inches)
Unzip the file, then upload the SVG files to Cricut’s Design Space.
Ungroup the SVG as shown below.
Highlight the layers shown below, and change the Operation to Score.
Next, highlight everything except the red ovals and click the Attach icon.
Want to cut bats without eyes?
Just click the eye icon next to the layers you don’t need.
Assemble the Halloween bats
All of these bats are cut from two letter-sized pieces of black, 110 lb. cardstock. (Plus a scrap of red glitter cardstock for the eyes.)
No need to find your bone folder; it’s easy to bend the wing along the score lines.
Don’t bother to get out the glue… taping the glitter ovals to the bat’s back is much easier and less messy.
This bat is ready to fly.
Just roll up a few little pieces of blue painter’s tape and stick the bodies to the wall.
The glitter cardstock glistens in lower light.
These bats are easy and ridiculously quick to make… but a cauldron of bats looks amazing on your wall!
Enjoy making your Halloween bats from the free SVG.
Don’t want to forget this?
Save it for later by pinning it on Pinterest.
Click the image below to Pin it.